CovertHypnotism is designed to be a place to meet other people, and we encourage relationships of all types to grow beyond the site.
CovertHypnotism is also a community. That is, everyone here is one of many who are like-minded in some topic. In this case, hypnosis. Normally, community rules are simple and universal, but as hypnosis is performed on a more-than-daily basis on CovertHypnotism, there are additional warnings which must be given for the uninterrupted flow of chat and camaraderie.
Regardless, both the standard rules and warnings for CovertHypnotism will be posted here for everyone to see. Keep in mind that we the CovertHypnotism staff (Sammielicious (The Owner) and Q (the admin) and their team of OPs may make minor or major changes without notification, though we will try to announce any and all changes in the room.
Depending on how you connect to us staff members have a ~, &, @, or % next to their name, on some clients it might be a star or key and they appear at the top of the list, these are people on staff here to help keep CovertHypnotism an enjoyable place to chat. They are not an on demand hypnosis service but have final say in room matters.
1. This room is for adults only +18. Be aware if you are not of age you will be removed. Playing the role of someone under the age of 18 is the same thing as being underage.
2. Realize that you may get tranced. Covert Hypnotism means a stealthy trance you don't see coming. You are assuming the risks that come with hypnosis. Entrance to this room is consent for someone to trance you. It can be a room trance or a private one done in PM. If your goal is to avoid trance then we suggest you stay out of the room.
3. Absolutely everything done with hypnosis and/or sexual play on CovertHypnotism is fair game and entry to the channel equals consent.This is the single most important rule on CovertHypnotism. Basically, it means this: consent is given for any act of hypnosis and/or sexual play, regardless of length, while the subject is is in the channel. A hypnotist may hypnotize someone without explicit permission from the subject, or the hypnotist can install any triggers without permission, or the hypnotist can use any triggers installed by him/her or even someone else without permission. It should also be noted that, as stated above, merely entering the site means that consent is given. We the staff are well aware that some enjoy “consensual non-consent” hence why consent is given upon entering.
4. Treat everyone with the same respect which you would like to receive from others at all times. It should go without saying that this rules out name calling, insults, and attacks on character.
5. Trances are allowed in the main room!
CovertHypnotism is a public room that anyone can join, dedicated specifically to public hypnosis and other forms of play. Interruptions of room trances will see action taken by staff as they see fit. If you are asked to wrap up a long trance or if you are planning a longer more time consuming trance consider setting up a private room for your trance and inviting those that wish to participate. You will have less of a chance for interruptions. If you need help setting up a private room for a longer room trance feel free to ask the staff for help.
6. Respect all Staff and any decisions they pass. If there is any disagreement with any decisions a staff member has made, privately message said Staff member or email Support with your concern, preferably in a mature manner. The staff has the right to refuse any concerns about the decisions that have been made and it should not be argued with at that point. The staff makes their decisions based on what they believe to be the best for the entire community, not just you, nor any individual being removed from chat (should that be the case), but everyone, whether involved or not.
7. All discussions should be handled in a civil manner. Staff has the right to end any conversations before they start to dissolve into a petty dispute.
8. Everyone in CovertHypnotism has a right to contribute to the discussion, no matter what the topic. Don’t ever deny that right. All users should have a chance to contribute to the chat.
9. Do not spam the chat. This includes repeating the same message multiple times, asking for the same thing, and so on. Images sharing is okay and if it gets out of hand a staff member will ask you to curb it.
10. Do not harass other users. It’s ok to PM someone without asking, but if they wish not to talk, whether publicly or privately, then stop talking to them. While we do not police PMs use a little common sense with it and remember you can always use /ignore if you don't like what a person is saying.
11. Do not circumvent a ban, should you be under one. We will catch you and your ban will be instantly increased to permanent status without a chance for appeal.
12. Advertising of other chat rooms or channels without permission of the OPs is prohibited. The only exception would be if you were creating a channel to invite others for a group or room trance.
13. This room isn't to discuss politics or other heated argumentative subjects that may fall under or close to it. If an OP says to move the topic, then move it or you could be removed.
CovertHypnosis is hosted on the irc server Bondage International so in addtion to our own rules for the room, we have to follow the server rules as well. Just type /rules into the chat box anytime you are connected to bondage and the rules of the server will be listed for you.
Consequences and Appeals
Once CovertHypnotism staff has identified an offense and decided on an action, a member of the staff will enact it. Various actions the staff will take include, but are not limited to, warnings, kicks from the channel, temporary bans, and permanent bans. The staff reserves the right to ban you from accessing CovertHypnotism without warning or explanation.
Once a consequence has been enacted, the offender has the right to appeal their situation, but only by emailing a ban appeal. Details are on the contact us page. When contacting support we need to know what day it happened, when it happened, and who was involved (their nicknames at the time of indecent). Keep in mind that the staff reserves the right to accept or deny your appeal at any time.
CovertHypnotism is monitored with a log. This means that we keep a log of the room in case of issues. We can not see your PMs nor to do we normally go through policing what people do to in private.
Users are allowed to save their own logs of chat at any time, whether public or private, without permission.
We the staff realize, however, that sometimes issues occur in PM and we encourage users to use the /ignore feature. If you are unable to get the /ignore to work or are having issues that you feel need the attention of staff you can email your issues with a log to us to review. Staff cannot verify the conversation took place without a log.
Please do not bog down the room sharing logs in the room. If you need the attention of a staff Member come tap one of us on the shoulder or drop us an Email. We are happy to help.